Building VMware Software-Defined Data Centers
$332ASP.NET Core 跨平臺開發從入門到實戰
- Learn how you can automate your data center operations and deploy and manage applications and services across your public, private, and hybrid infrastructure in minutes
- Drive great business results with cost-effective solutions without compromising on ease, security, and controls
- Transform your business processes and operations in a way that delivers any application, anywhere, with complete peace of mind
VMware offers the industry-leading software-defined data center (SDDC) architecture that combines compute, storage, networking, and management offerings into a single unified platform. This book uses the most up-to-date, cutting-edge VMware products to help you deliver a complete unified hybrid cloud experience within your infrastructure.
It will help you build a unified hybrid cloud based on SDDC architecture and practices to deliver a fully virtualized infrastructure with cost-effective IT outcomes. In the process, you will use some of the most advanced VMware products such as VSphere, VCloud, and NSX.
You will learn how to use vSphere virtualization in a software-defined approach, which will help you to achieve a fully-virtualized infrastructure and to extend this infrastructure for compute, network, and storage-related data center services. You will also learn how to use EVO:RAIL. Next, you will see how to provision applications and IT services on private clouds or IaaS with seamless accessibility and mobility across the hybrid environment.
This book will ensure you develop an SDDC approach for your datacenter that fulfills your organization's needs and tremendously boosts your agility and flexibility. It will also teach you how to draft, design, and deploy toolsets and software to automate your datacenter and speed up IT delivery to meet your lines of businesses demands. At the end, you will build unified hybrid clouds that dramatically boost your IT outcomes.
What you will learn
- Understand and optimize end-to-end processes in your data center
- Translate IT processes and business needs into a technical design
- Apply and create vRO workflow automation functionalities to services
- Deploy NSX in a virtual environment
- Technically accomplish DevOps offerings
- Set up and use vROPs to master the SDDC resource demands
- Troubleshoot all the components of SDDC
About the Author
Valentin Hamburger was working at VMware for more than seven years. In his former role, he was a lead consulting architect and took care of the delivery and architecture of cloud projects in central EMEA. In his current role, he is EMEA solutions lead for VMware at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS). Furthermore he works as an advisor with HDS engineering on the Hitachi Enterprise Cloud, which is based on VMware vRealize technology. He holds many industry certifications in various areas such as VMware, Linux, and IBM Power compute environments. He serves as a partner and trusted advisor to HDS customers primarily in EMEA. His main responsibilities are ensuring that HDS's future innovations align with essential customer needs and translating customer challenges to opportunities focused on virtualization topics. Valentin enjoys sharing his knowledge as a speaker at national and international conferences such as VMworld.
Table of Contents
- The Software-Defined Data Center
- Identify Automation and Standardization Opportunities
- VMware vSphere: The SDDC Foundation
- SDDC Design Considerations
- VMware vRealize Automation
- vRealize Orchestrator
- Service Catalog Creation
- Network Virtualization using NSX
- DevOps Considerations
- Capacity Management with vRealize Operations
- Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Continuous Improvement