Lean Mobile App Development
Mike van Drongelen, Adam Dennis, Richard Garabedian, Alberto Gonzalez, Aravind Krishnaswamy
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2017-11-29
- 售價: $1,320
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,254
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 378
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1786467046
- ISBN-13: 9781786467041
- Build ready-to-deploy apps with less iterations and shorter development times
- Adopt the lean startup methodologies to develop iOS and Android apps that shine in the App Store
- This hands-on guide puts continuous innovation into practice to develop successful mobile apps
The lean startup methodology has proven to be a stable factor in startup land. It's a movement that keeps growing and will be the standard way of doing things sooner or later. That sounds great from a theoretical point view, but what does that mean for you as an Android or iOS developer? How do you develop apps that are successful in the Android and iOS stores? Hands-on information on this subject is currently lacking.
This is where this book comes in! We bring the technical know-how of developers and processes together to build a successful app for a business. This book is where the development team meets the business team, also known as the "problem identifying team and the solution team.
This book will guide you to build apps that are successful for your business by bringing together these two separate worlds. We explain the elements of the lean startup methodology and elaborates on research, implementation, and configuration tasks from a technical point of view. We also focus on the soft side of the journey.
Starting with an overview of what lean startup methodology is all about and why it matters, we will continue to create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), which could be as easy as a landing page. We will explore the quick wins to measure feedback other than just asking your beta users by using tools such as Google Analytics and HockeyApp. We will also have a look at the on-boarding process and how we could facilitate it. When your app is ready for a public launch, you'll launch it and see what happens. If it gains more and more traction over time, the mission has succeeded. And if it did not? Learn from your mistakes, make a pivot, or start something new.
What you will learn
- Define what your hypotheses are by creating an MVP
- Validate your idea against the business model Canvas
- Develop skills and devise strategies to build versatile and flexible apps that meet changing business requirements
- Apply the lean startup methodology to real Android and iOS development
- Build your MVP app, gather feedback through statistics or by getting user comments, learn from it, and adapt your app accordingly
- Investigate the possibilities when you need to pivot your startup idea
- Create a successful app and get tips to improve it