Hands-On Reactive Programming in Spring 5: Build cloud-ready, reactive systems with Spring 5 and Project Reactor
Oleh Dokuka, Igor Lozynskyi
- Learn what kind of system the modern business wants.
- Unlock deeper levels of insight into the Reactive Programming and Spring 5 Framework.
- Apply your knowledge to build, test, and release real Reactive System.
Today, the business needs a new type of systems that can remain responsive at any time. This result is achievable, and in our day this kind of System is called Reactive, that means - reacts to changes. The development of such systems is a complex task, required the deep understanding of the domain. Fortunately, the value of this approach was seen by the developers of the Spring Framework, and as a result, a new, reactive version of the project was developed. With this book, you will dive into the fascinating story of developing a reactive system using the Spring Framework 5.
Beginning with the foundations of Spring Reactive Programming, you will learn the possibilities of the Framework, get an understanding of the fundamentals of Reactivity. Further, the story thread will hook a lot of decisions that will allow creating a full-fledged Reactive System; you will study the techniques of Reactive Programming, learn how to apply it to databases and as well for cross-server communication. All that things will be considered in the real project example, will enable the developer to exercise learned skills in practice and will turn it all on to the Reactive Revolution with Spring 5!
What you will learn
- Get a clear distinguish between Reactive System and Reactive Programming
- Understand benefits of Reactive System
- Understand the application of Reactive System
- Find out how to use Reactive Programming in Spring 5
- Get an understanding of Project Reactor
- Build Reactive System using Spring 5 and Project Reactor
- Create highly efficient Reactive Microservice with Spring Cloud
- Test, monitor and release the Reactive Application