WordPress Complete Fifth Edition
- Learn how to build a WordPress site quickly, effectively, and how to create content that's optimized to be published on the web.
- Learn the basics of working with WordPress themes and plugins, and even create your own.
- Beginner-friendly presentation and advice you can apply as soon as today. Packed with screenshots and examples.
WordPress Complete is a practical guide for everyone who wants to start their journey as an online publisher, website owner, or even a website developer. It takes you step-by-step through the process of planning out and building your site, and offers loads of screenshots and examples along the way. It's also a beginner's guide to theme and plugin development.
This book begins with the basics of WordPress, followed by the different components that you as a developer would need to use, to work swiftly and efficiently.
The book will start with introducing WordPress to the new readers in this field, followed by setting it up and making you ready enough to start implementing. It then goes on to implementing a blog, followed by the use of plugins and widgets. It then also covers themes, including a detailed description of how to make any website look and feel more better and original. You also learn on how to create your own themes, necessary testing to ensure your website stays free of the usual bugs and would even give you an idea on how to use WordPress for non-blog like websites.
By the end of the book, you would feel confident and self-sufficient enough to design high-quality websites and be familiar with the nooks and corners of WordPress.
What you will learn
- What WordPress is, where to get it, and how to launch your website quickly using it.
- How to publish your first content (blog post or article).
- What the most important sub pages of a quality website are, and how to create them in WordPress.
- How to upload multimedia content such as images, audio, and video.
- How to install and work with plugins and widgets.
- Where to find quality themes and how to install them.
- How to develop your own WordPress plugins and themes.