Building Smart LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Robots: Leverage the LEGO MINDTORMS EV3 platform to build intelligent robots
Build and program smart robots with the EV3 by following the instructions included in this book and become an EV3 master in no time
- Efficiently build smart robots with the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Learn building techniques and programming concepts that are used by engineers to prototype robots in the real world
- A project-based guide that will teach you to build exciting projects like the object-tracking tank, ultimate offroader, remote control race car , or even a GPS navigating autonomous vehicle
Smart robots are an ever-increasing part of our daily lives. With the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3, you can now prototype your very own small-scale smart robot that uses specialized programming and hardware to complete a mission. The EV3 is a robotics platform for enthusiasts of all ages and experience levels that makes it easy to prototype robots. This book will walk you through six different projects that range from intermediate to advanced level. The projects will teach you building and programming techniques that are used by engineers in the real world that will help you build your own smart robot.
In Building Smart LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Robots, you will learn how to make the most of the EV3 robotics platform and build some awesome smart robots. Starting with the fundamentals of sensors and programming, you will be shown some real world examples which will help you make intelligent decisions while developing smart robots. You will build your own object tracking tank, a box climbing robot, a custom EV3 graphical user interface (GUI), a quirky interactive robot, a speedy remote control race car, and a GPS navigating robot. By the end of this book, you will have the skills necessary to build and program your own smart robots with the EV3.
What you will learn
- Understand the tricks and techniques to make a robot "smart."
- Learn proportional beacon following and use proximity sensors to track an object.
- Discover how mechanisms such as rack-and-pinion and worm gears work.
- Program a graphical user interface (GUI) to access multiple programs.
- Make a fun, quirky interactive robot that has its own personality.
- Get to grips with the principles of remote control and programming car-style steering.
- Understand the various mechanisms in a car that allows it to drive.
- Navigate to a destination with a GPS receiver.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for hobbyists, robotic engineers, and programmers who understand the basics of the EV3 programming language and are familiar with building with LEGO Technic and want to try some really cool advanced projects. If you want to learn some new engineering techniques and take your experience with the EV3 to the next level, then this book is for you.