- Build 3 full-fledged, engaging applications from scratch and learn how to deploy them.
- Boost your productivity and build applications that are robust and user friendly.
- Experience the gentle learning curve, expressiveness and intuitiveness of Kotlin, as you develop your own applications.
Kotlin greatly reduces the verbosity of source code, with the recently announced first class support from the Android team; a great opportunity has been created. The book will help you learn how to create apps with Kotlin from scratch and get them up and running.
Starting with an introduction to Kotlin, this book will take you through the building blocks like functions, classes etc. Various features of Kotlin will be explored by building 3 application of varying complexity. For a quick start, to android development we look at building a classic game Tetris and elaborate on object oriented programming in Kotlin. Our next application will be a messenger app, a level up on the complexity; we will design and implement the backend as well. Before we move to the third app, we take a look at the methods of data persistence helping us learn storage and retrieval of useful application. Our final app would a Place reviewer; a web application will be making use of the Google Maps API and Placepicker.
By end of the book one will have gained experience of how to create and deploy android applications using Kotlin.
What you will learn
- Building blocks of Kotlin programming language.
- Develop powerful RESTful micro-services for Android applications.
- How to efficiently create reactive android application.
- Implement MVC architecture pattern and dependency management using Kotlin.
- Centralize, transform and stash data with Logstash.
- Secure application using Spring security.
- Deploy Kotlin micro-services to AWS and Android applications to the play store.