- Learn to use Qt 5 to design and customize the look and feel of your application
- Improve the visual quality of an application by using graphics rendering and animation
- Understand the balance of presentation and web content that will make an application appealing yet functional
With the growing need to develop GUIs for multiple targets and multiple screens, improving the visual quality of your application becomes important so that it stands out from your competitors. With its cross-platform ability and the latest UI paradigms, Qt makes it possible to build intuitive, interactive, and user-friendly user interfaces for your applications.
Qt5 C++ GUI Programming Cookbook, Second Edition teaches you how to develop functional and appealing user interfaces using the latest version of QT5 and C++. This book will help you learn a variety of topics such as GUI customization and animation, graphics rendering, implementing Google Maps, and more. You will also be taken through advanced concepts like asynchronous programming, event handling using signals and slots, network programming, various aspects of optimizing your application.
By the end of the book, you will be confident to design and customize GUI applications that meet your clients' expectations and have an understanding of best practice solutions for common problems.
What you will learn
- Animate GUI elements using Qt5's built-in animation system
- Draw shapes and 2D images using Qt5's powerful rendering system
- Implement an industry-standard OpenGL library in your project
- Build a mobile app that supports touch events and exports it onto devices
- Parse and extract data from an XML file and present it on your GUI
- Access MySQL and SQLite databases to retrieve data and display it on your GUI
Who this book is for
This intermediate-level book is designed for those who want to develop software using Qt 5. If you want to improve the visual quality and content presentation of your software application, this book is for you. Prior experience of C++ programming is required.
Table of Contents
- Look-and-Feel Customization with Qt Designer
- Event Handling - Signals and Slots
- States and Animations with Qt and QML
- QPainter and 2D Graphics
- Open GL Implementation
- Using Network and Managing Large Documents
- Threading Basics - Asynchronous Programming
- Building a Touch Screen Application with Qt5
- XML Parsing Made Easy
- Conversion Library
- Accessing Databases with SQL Driver and Qt
- Develop Web Application using Qt WebEngine
- Performance Optimization