Learning Path - Modern C++: Efficient and Scalable Application Development: Become a pro at building efficient and scalable applications using this versatile language
Richard Grimes, Marius Bancila
Learn the tips and tricks for developing apps in C++ and leverage its latest features using modern programming techniques
- Develop strong C++ skills to develop a variety of applications
- Explore features of C++17, such as containers, algorithms, and threads
- Grasp the standard support for threading and concurrency, and use them daily basic tasks
C++ is one of the most widely used programming languages. It is fast, flexible, and efficient which is used to solve many programming problems.
The objective of this Learning Path is to make you familiar and comfortable with C++. You will become familiar with the constructs of the C++ programming by learning about the language structures, functions, and classes which will help you identify the execution flow through the code. You will explore and understand the importance of the C++ standard library as well as memory allocation for writing better and faster programs.
This Learning Path also deals with understanding the challenges that come with advanced C++ programming. You will learn about advanced topics such as multithreading, networking, concurrency, performance, meta-programming, lambda expressions, regular expressions, testing, and many more in the form of recipes.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will become an expert in C++.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Beginning C++ Programming by Richard Grimes
- Modern C++ Programming Cookbook by Marius Bancila
- The Modern C++ Challenge by Marius Bancila
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the structure of C++ projects
- Identify the main structures in the language: functions and classes
- Know how to debug your programs
- Leverage C++ features to get increased robustness and performance
- Explore functions and callable objects with a focus on modern features
- Serialize and deserialize JSON and XML data
- Create client-server applications that communicate over TCP/IP
- Use design patterns to solve real-world problems
Who This Book Is For
This Learning Path is designed for developers who want to gain a solid foundation with C++. A computer, an Internet connection, and the desire to learn how to code in C++ are all you need to get started with this Learning Path.