Hands-On Kubernetes on Azure: Automate management, scaling, and deployment of containerized applications, 2/e (Paperback)
Nills Franssens , Shivakumar Gopalakrishnan , Gunther Lenz
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2020-05-14
- 售價: $1,470
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,397
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1800209673
- ISBN-13: 9781800209671
Hands-On Kubernetes on Azure - Third Edition: Use Azure Kubernetes Service to automate management, scaling, and deployment of containerized applicatio
Kick-start your DevOps career by learning how to effectively deploy Kubernetes on Azure in an easy, comprehensive, and fun way with hands-on coding tasks
- Understand the fundamentals of Docker and Kubernetes
- Learn to implement microservices architecture using the Kubernetes platform
- Discover how you can scale your application workloads in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
From managing versioning efficiently to improving security and portability, technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker have greatly helped cloud deployments and application development.
Starting with an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), this book will guide you through deploying an AKS cluster in different ways. You'll then explore the Azure portal by deploying a sample guestbook application on AKS and installing complex Kubernetes apps using Helm. With the help of real-world examples, you'll also get to grips with scaling your application and cluster. As you advance, you'll understand how to overcome common challenges in AKS and secure your application with HTTPS and Azure AD (Active Directory). Finally, you'll explore serverless functions such as HTTP triggered Azure functions and queue triggered functions.
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you'll be well-versed with the fundamentals of Azure Kubernetes Service and be able to deploy containerized workloads on Microsoft Azure with minimal management overhead.
What you will learn
- Plan, configure, and run containerized applications in production
- Use Docker to build apps in containers and deploy them on Kubernetes
- Improve the configuration and deployment of apps on the Azure Cloud
- Store your container images securely with Azure Container Registry
- Install complex Kubernetes applications using Helm
- Integrate Kubernetes with multiple Azure PaaS services, such as databases, Event Hubs and Functions.
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring DevOps professionals, system administrators, developers, and site reliability engineers looking to understand test and deployment processes and improve their efficiency. If you're new to working with containers and orchestration, you'll find this book useful.
- Nills Franssens is a technology enthusiast and a specialist in multiple open source technologies. He has been working with public cloud technologies since 2013.In his current position as senior cloud solution architect at Microsoft, he works with Microsoft's strategic customers on their cloud adoption. He has enabled multiple customers in their migration to Azure. One of these migrations was the migration and replatforming of a major public website to Kubernetes.Outside of Kubernetes, Nills's areas of expertise are networking and storage in Azure.He holds a master's degree in engineering from the University of Antwerp, Belgium.When he's not working, you can find Nills playing board games with his wife Kelly and friends, or running one of the many trails in San Jose, California.
- Shivakumar Gopalakrishnan is a DevOps architect at Varian Medical Systems. He has introduced Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud-native tools to Varian's product development work to enable an everything-as-code approach. He is highly experienced in software development in a variety of fields, including networking, storage, medical imaging, and DevOps. He has developed scalable storage appliances for medical imaging needs and helped architect cloud ease solutions. He has enabled teams in large, highly regulated medical enterprises to adopt modern Agile/DevOps methodologies. He holds a Bachelor's degree in engineering from the College of Engineering, Guindy, and a Master's degree in science from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Gunther Lenz is the Senior Director of the Technology Office at Varian. He is an innovative software research and development leader, an architect, an MBA graduate, a published author, a public speaker, and a strategic tech visionary with over 20 years' experience.He has successfully led large, innovative, and transformational software development and DevOps teams of 50+ members. He has defined and led teams throughout the entire software product life cycle using ground-breaking processes, tools, and technologies. He was a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for Software Architecture (one of the only 180 globally) from 2005 to 2008. Gunther has published two books: .NET-A Complete Development Cycle and Practical Software Factories in .NET.
- Introduction to Docker and Kubernetes
- Kubernetes on Azure (AKS)
- Application Deployment on AKS
- Scaling your Application
- Handling failure in AKS
- Securing your application with HTTPS and Azure AD
- Monitoring the AKS cluster and the Application
- Connecting an Azure app to an Azure Database
- Connecting to an Azure Event Hub
- Securing your AKS cluster
- Serverless Functions