Metasploit 5.0 for Beginners, Second Edition
A comprehensive guide to Metasploit for beginners that will help you get started with the latest Metasploit 5.0 Framework for exploiting real-world vulnerabilities
- Perform pentesting in highly secured environments with Metasploit 5.0
- Become well-versed with the latest features and improvements in the Metasploit Framework 5.0
- Analyze, find, exploit, and gain access to different systems by bypassing various defenses
Securing an IT environment can be challenging, however, effective penetration testing and threat identification can make all the difference. This book will help you learn how to use the Metasploit Framework optimally for comprehensive penetration testing.
Complete with hands-on tutorials and case studies, this updated second edition will teach you the basics of the Metasploit Framework along with its functionalities. You'll learn how to set up and configure Metasploit on various platforms to create a virtual test environment. Next, you'll get hands-on with the essential tools. As you progress, you'll learn how to find weaknesses in the target system and hunt for vulnerabilities using Metasploit and its supporting tools and components. Later, you'll get to grips with web app security scanning, bypassing anti-virus, and post-compromise methods for clearing traces on the target system. The concluding chapters will take you through real-world case studies and scenarios that will help you apply the knowledge you've gained to ethically hack into target systems. You'll also discover the latest security techniques that can be directly applied to scan, test, ethically hack, and secure networks and systems with Metasploit.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to use the Metasploit 5.0 Framework to exploit real-world vulnerabilities.
What you will learn
- Set up the environment for Metasploit
- Understand how to gather sensitive information and exploit vulnerabilities
- Get up to speed with client-side attacks and web application scanning using Metasploit
- Leverage the latest features of Metasploit 5.0 to evade anti-virus
- Delve into cyber attack management using Armitage
- Understand exploit development and explore real-world case studies
Who this book is for
If you are a penetration tester, ethical hacker, or security consultant who wants to quickly get started with using the Metasploit Framework to carry out elementary penetration testing in highly secured environments, then this Metasploit book is for you. You will also find this book useful if you're interested in computer security, particularly in the areas of vulnerability assessment and pentesting, and want to develop practical skills when using the Metasploit Framework.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Environment Setup
- Setting up Your Environment
- Metasploit Components and Environment Configuration
- Information Gathering with Metasploit
- Vulnerability Hunting with Metasploit
- Client-side Attacks with Metasploit
- Web Application Scanning with Metasploit
- Anti-Virus Evasion and Anti-Forensics
- Cyber Attack Management using Armitage
- Extending Metasploit and Exploit Development
- Real World Case Study