Give your Drupal websites an exciting, user-friendly new look using themes. From installing new themes, to customizing them, to building them from scratch, here is the complete guide you've been looking for.
- Learn to create new Drupal 7 themes
- No experience of Drupal theming required
- Discover techniques and tools for creating and modifying themes
- The first book to guide you through the new elements and themes available in Drupal 7
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about the Drupal 7 Theming Architecture
- Find and install new themes
- Get the most from Drupal's theme configuration system
- Create a new theme from scratch
- Master PHPTemplate
- Modify the default templates and styles
- Override the default templates with your own
- Create dynamic styling that responds to the content or the user
- Discover tools that make theming easier and more efficient
Filled with practical examples, this book helps you to understand the logic behind the theming system employed in Drupal, and how to make it work for you. You will learn key concepts and work through examples with careful, step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is written for
The main requirements to make use of this book are knowledge of HTML, CSS, and a touch of creativity. You don't need to know anything about theming in Drupal; all you need is basic experience of working with Drupal.
Although this book aims to make Drupal theming accessible to designers, theming in Drupal 7 involves writing some PHP code, and a basic knowledge of PHP will be helpful.p>
Regardless of your technical skills, this book will teach you to design themes for your Drupal websites quickly and easily.
Drupal is an award winning open source Content Management System (CMS). Based on PHP and MySQL, its power and flexibility combined with its exceptional design mean it is one of the most popular choices for creating a CMS website..
Drupal employs a specialized templating system and supports themes, which allow you to change the look and feel of your system's front and back-end interfaces..
Drupal 7 Themes is an ideal introduction to theming with Drupal 7. If you want to create a striking new look for your Drupal 7 website, this book is for you. This book is a revised, updated and expanded edition of Drupal 6 Themes, rewritten specifically for Drupal 7.
This book will show you techniques and tools to help you improve the look and feel of any Drupal 7-powered website. Starting from the basics of theme setup and configuration, you will learn about the Drupal theming architecture and the PHPTemplate engine, and then move on to modifying existing themes and building new themes from scratch. You will find out about tools to make your theme development easier.
A practical guide showing you how to create themes for your Drupal 7 site