- Learn the basics and create your first classes
- Handle data and understand the way it works, create powerful widgets and new components
- Dig into the new architecture defined by Sencha and work on real world projects
Ext JS 4 features expanded functionality, plugin-free charting, and a new MVC architecture, it's the best Ext JS web application development platform yet. It helps develop incredible web apps for every browser.
Learning Ext JS 4 will teach you how to get the best of each Ext JS component and also show you some very practical examples that you can use in real world applications. You will also learn why it is so useful and powerful in developing fast and beautiful applications.
The book starts with the very basics of Ext JS. You will learn to create a small application step-by-step, and add new features to it in every chapter.
At the end of the book, you will have a working application built using all the knowledge you gained from the book.
What will you learn from this book
- Learn how the Ext JS class system works and is organized
- Dig into how the Ext JS components and widgets work
- Use the powerful layout system that Ext JS 4 offers
- Focus on the new MVC pattern and good architecture
- Get the best of templates, dataviews, and grids
- Change the default theme of the library easily with compass and sass, and create custom themes
- Drag and drop easily and quickly with Ext JS 4
The book is a step-by-step tutorial full of example code and explanations to help a beginner learn Ext JS thoroughly.
Who this book is written for