Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Disaster Recovery Guide
Peter Ward, Pavlo Andrushkiw, Peter Abreu, Pat Esposito, Jeff Gellman, Joel Plaut
Learn everything you need to know to design and implement a solid disaster recovery plan for SharePoint 2013
- Design, implement, test, and execute solid disaster recovery plans for your SharePoint environment with this essential guide
- Learn outofthebox backup and restore procedures
- Implement a solid disaster recovery strategy for custom development environments
- A quick handson guide to get familiar with procedures to secure your data
Where does it all go wrong with disaster recovery? Yes, why a disaster recovery plan fails the business and costs IT staff their jobs or a promotion? This book is an easytounderstand guide that explains how to get it right and why it often goes wrong.
Given that Microsoft's SharePoint platform has become a missioncritical application where business operations just cannot run without complete uptime of this technology, disaster recovery is one of the most important topics when it comes to SharePoint. Yet, support and an appropriate approach for this technology are still difficult to come by, and are often vulnerable to technical oversight and assumptions.
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Disaster Recovery Guide looks at SharePoint disaster recovery and breaks down the mystery and confusion that surrounds what is a vital activity to any technical deployment. This book provides a holistic approach with practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of the new 2013 functionality and cloud technologies.
You will also learn how to plan, test, and deploy a disaster recovery environment using SharePoint, Windows Server, and SQL tools. We will also take a look at datasets and custom development. If you want to have an approach to disaster recovery that gives you peace of mind, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn why disaster recovery is a struggle to understand and implement
- Learn how to support optimized application recovery times with tiered service levels
- Inherit a missioncritical environment that has no disaster recoveryplans
- Get familiar with backup and restore procedures that are available to an administrator as well as the pros and cons of each
- Learn about Disaster recovery in regards to virtualization and the cloud
- Architect data in SharePoint with disaster recovery in mind
- Build confidence and refine disaster recovery plans with more frequent testing
- Create a theme for use with your video player
The style and approach of the book is an easy to read SharePoint admin guide. This is not a step by step instruction book, but rather a guide on how to implement and execute a disaster recovery plan to your SharePoint environment.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for both SharePoint and SQL administrators new to the SharePoint 2013 architecture, and who are looking to get a good grounding in how to use implement a solid disaster recovery plan. It's assumed that you have some experience in SharePoint and Windows Server and, as well be familiar with SQL.