Instant EdgeSight for XenApp
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-29
- 售價: $900
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $855
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 68
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 184968958X
- ISBN-13: 9781849689588
Effective, practical instructions to monitor your Citrix XenApp servers using EdgeSight 5.4
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn about installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of the EdgeSight server
- Contains step-by-step instructions with screenshots for practical and easy learning
- Implement EdgeSight using practical scenarios
EdgeSight 5.4 is the most comprehensive performance management and reporting solution for the Citrix XenApp infrastructure. Administrators have real-time visibility of session-level performance and visibility of key metrics such as profile load time, login script execution, and so on. It also contains several tools to monitor the XenApp servers and can alert the administrator when the specified alert conditions are met.
This book will help you to become proficient in monitoring and generating reports for your Citrix XenApp servers. You will start by setting up the environment for EdgeSight. The book will then go on to discuss the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of the EdgeSight server.
Instant EdgeSight for XenApp contains clear and step-by-step exercises which will help you learn how to use EdgeSight quickly and painlessly. You will install EdgeSight and its agents and learn how to configure server settings, user groups and authentication, and alerts. You will also learn how to manage the real-time dashboard and reports, monitor Citrix license usage and reports, and troubleshoot common issues.
This book starts with the basics of introducing the EdgeSight component into your infrastructure before moving on to more advanced topics such as troubleshooting. Readers will learn how to use the EdgeSight tools for day-to-day administration tasks as well as how to efficiently monitor the XenApp servers to achieve best performance for their end users.
What you will learn from this book
- Install EdgeSight and complete post-installation tasks
- Install EdgeSight agents on the XenApp servers
- Configure various server settings such as departments, worker configurations, setting up e-mail notifications, and so on
- Create EdgeSight users and managing groups and learn how to configure Active Directory authentication
- Create and manage alerts
- Manage the real-time dashboard
- Monitor Citrix license usage
- Resolve performance problems
- Troubleshoot common issues
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant EdgeSight for XenApp is a practical, hands-on guide that contains instruction-based examples from basic to advanced level topics.
Who this book is written for
Instant EdgeSight for XenApp will serve as an excellent source of information for Citrix XenApp professionals and novices alike. It is assumed that readers have experience working with Citrix products and have some sort of familiarity with monitoring.