Learning ShiVa3D Game Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2012-11-26
- 售價: $890
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $846
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 166
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849693501
- ISBN-13: 9781849693509
Get a grip on ShiVa3D mobile game development with this step-by-step, hands-on tutorial
- Step-by-step hands-on introduction, perfect for those just getting started in mobile development
- Use the StoneScript scripting language to handle object interactions and game events
- Use the ShiVa editor to create special effects, realistic physics, and level design
Mobile games have been the recent craze and with so many ways to monetize the popularity of these games, it is no wonder that game developers are excited to get into the market. However, the mobile platforms that are available and their popularity constantly change meaning that developers have to be able to react quickly to the market. ShiVa3D gives developers the power to quickly develop the game once, but deploy to almost every popular mobile platform, which enables them to have greater distribution and a greater opportunity to sell games.
"Learning ShiVa3D Game Development" is a simple, hands-on guide to the key features of the ShiVa3D game engine that will enable you to get up and running with your mobile game ideas. Learning ShiVa3D Game Development will make it possible to easily develop your game once, but publish it to most of the popular mobile platforms.
This book specifically targets the key features of ShiVa3D that will enable you to create games quickly. It will take you through designing game components in the editor and provide detailed explanations for every line of scripting used.
You'll look at how the modular nature of the editor allows you to do everything from scripting, to complex physics interactions, to special effects with only a few adjustments to pre-configured settings. We will see how to deal with input from the keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen as well as how to add sound effects and music to a game. You will get to actually play your game as you learn to deploy a game to an Android phone. If you are looking for a way to make your game ideas a reality, then this is the book for you.
By the end of this book, you would have learnt everything you need to know to create your own mobile game that can then be deployed just about anywhere.
What you will learn from this book
- Creating a mobile game in ShiVa3D
- Using the editor and the modules available
- Handling game and user generated events
- Learning ShiVa's scripting language - StoneScript
- Configuring object physics and sensors
- Creating special effects such as fire and vapor trails
- Using UI elements such as buttons and indicators
- Deploying your game to an Android device
- Additional resources for learning game development and creating game assets
This book is a step-by-step, hands-on introduction to the basics of mobile game development with the ShiVa3D game engine.
Who this book is written for
This book assumes no prior mobile game development or ShiVa3D experience, and is therefore suited to the absolute beginner looking to learn about both. Although previous programming experience will be beneficial, it is not necessary. Because game development platforms are so diverse, this book will also serve as a quick introduction for seasoned game developers that are looking to take advantage of the power of ShiVa3D. In either case the book also introduces the reader to resources for further learning.