Building UIs with Wijmo
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-07-26
- 售價: $1,040
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $988
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 116
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849696063
- ISBN-13: 9781849696067
Wijmo lets you use widgets on your websites for more flexibility and ease of use in the user interface. This book shows you how with a refreshingly logical and example-led approach that makes learning a pleasure.
- Learn to configure Wijmo components for common usage scenarios
- Build adaptive websites that work on desktops and mobile devices
- Integrate Wijmo with Knockout to develop real-time applications
Building UIs with Wijmo gives you a tour of what Wijmo offers at a glance. With code recipes and well-explained examples, you will be able to use Wijmo in no time. The book gives details on options not explained in the documentation and helps you avoid those that don't work. The examples only feature the necessary code, with recommendations and best practices.
This book introduces Wijmo, grouping widgets by their common application area or usage. It walks the user through the features of the dialog widget with examples as an introduction to the library. Then, widgets for forms, images, tootips, and other topics are explored.
Features only available in the Wijmo dialog widget compared to the jQuery UI widget are thoroughly explained with examples. Common form components such as checkboxes, dropdowns, and inputs have Wijmo counterparts which keep the theme consistent and add functionalities. When Wijmo is used with Knockout, the UI automatically refreshes when the data changes. This book takes it further with WebSockets for two way communication between the server and client. With Building UIs with Wijmo, you will learn all the common web development components in Wijmo. You will get started using Wijmo in no time.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Wijmo for development and production
- Change the Dialog widget's appearance
- Replace form components with widgets
- Autoplay images with the Carousel widget
- Create a LightBox widget and customize its buttons
- Play videos in the Gallery widget
- Fix the appearance of the InputDate widget
- Program real-time applications with declarative bindings in the MVVM style
Written with an example-based approach, Building UIs with Wijmo leads you step by step through the implementation and customization of each library component and its associated resources. Reference tables of each configuration option, method, and event for each component are provided, alongside detailed explanations of how each widget is used.
Who this book is written for