jQuery UI 1.10: The User Interface Library for jQuery
Alex Libby, Dan Wellman
Need to learn how to use JQuery UI speedily? Our guide will take you through implementing and customizing each library component in clear, concise steps, all supported by practical examples to make learning faster.
- Packed with clear explanations of how to easily design elegant and powerful frontend interfaces for your web applications
- A section covering the widget factory including an in-depth example of how to build a custom jQuery UI widget
- Revised with updated code and targeted at both jQuery UI 1.10 and jQuery 2
jQuery UI, the official UI widget library for jQuery, gives you a solid platform on which to build rich and engaging interfaces quickly, with maximum compatibility, stability, and effort. jQuery UI’s ready-made widgets help to reduce the amount of code that you need to write to take a project from conception to completion.
jQuery UI 1.10: The User Interface Library for jQuery has been specially revised for Version 1.10 of jQuery UI. It is written to maximize your experience with the library by breaking down each component and walking you through examples that progressively build up your knowledge, taking you from beginner to advanced user in a series of easy-to-follow steps.
Throughout the book, you'll learn how to create a basic implementation of each component, then customize and configure the components to tailor them to your application.
Each chapter will also show you the custom events fired by the components covered and how these events can be intercepted and acted upon to bring out the best of the library.
We will then go on to cover the use of visually engaging, highly configurable user interface widgets. At the end of this book, we'll look at the functioning of all of the UI effects available in the jQuery UI library.
What you will learn from this book
- Theming of the widgets through the CSS framework
- Apply themes and widgets to style your interface
- Configure the different components, including the new Tooltip and Menu widgets
- Understand the different options that each component uses
- Learn more about each widget programmatically using its methods and event hooks
- Add flair to your interface with animation effects
- Discover advanced functionality supported by the different Tabs
This book consists of an easy-to-follow, example-based approach that leads you step-by-step through the implementation and customization of each library component.
Who this book is written for