Learning Continuous Integration with TeamCity
Manoj Mahalingam S
About This Book
- Learn about the features that TeamCity brings to the table to make setting up and practicing CI easy.
- Enable team, organization and self to start using TeamCity for CI, from scratch or from an existing setup.
- Setup CI for Java, .NET, Ruby, Python and mobile projects using TeamCity
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer, tester, or a person in operations or Devops who wants to start practising CI, start using TeamCity or both, then this book is for you. Moreover, if you have thought about bringing CI into your team, if you are already using a CI tool and want to move to TeamCity, or if you are looking for ideal practises and techniques while implementing CI with TeamCity, this book will be useful.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Continuous Integration principles and practices
- Implement the build/deployment pipeline
- Get to know TeamCity's features from the simple to the very advanced
- Implement CI for projects in the major tech stacks, including Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, Android, and iOS
- Discover which TeamCity features to avoid and in which situations
- Look beyond CI into Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
For those of you getting started with CI, TeamCity, or both, this book will help you understand the principles and essential practices of CI and then provide steps to implement them in different kinds of projects. The book covers the essential features of TeamCity that are needed for a complete CI setup.
You will cover everything from introducing CI to its practises and benefits before getting started with TeamCity as a CI tool. First, we set up CI in a tech stack agnostic way, and then employ CI for different platforms and stacks. Throughout, there is a continuous progression from the simple to the most advanced features of TeamCity, with advise on how to avoid the pitfalls too.
You will also be given an introduction to what's beyond CI —Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment—and how TeamCity can help you there too.