Principles of Economics, 9/e (Paperback)
N. Gregory Mankiw
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
Provide an inviting, superbly written introduction to economics that allows all types of students to quickly grasp economic concepts and build a strong foundation. The most widely-used learning solution in economics classrooms worldwide, written by acclaimed author and economist Gregory Mankiw, PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, 9E focuses on the most important economic principles to avoid overwhelming students with excessive detail. Extensive updates, relevant contemporary examples and carefully crafted content present the understanding your students need at key moments in your course. This edition works seamlessly with the latest MindTap digital course solutions and powerful student-focused resources, featuring the highly acclaimed Graph Builder and enhanced Adaptive Test Prep. A team of award-winning teaching economists have further strengthened this edition's leading ancillary support with more relevance, engagement, and interactive learning opportunities
- What's New
- EXPANDED VIDEO LECTURE SERIES LESSONS WITH QUICK QUIZZES IN MINDTAP REFLECT THE UNIQUE MANKIW APPROACH. This new assignable video series supports students both as they prepare for class and as they prepare for exams. The engaging videos offer an alternative to reading the text and are appropriately divided into manageable segments that allow students to focus only on concepts they find most challenging. Fresh examples are seamlessly aligned to the approach and student-oriented language of Mankiw's printed book. Brief quizzes evaluate understanding as students progress through the videos.
- EXPLORE MINDTAP FOR MANKIW 9E: A VIDEO TUTORIAL" SHOWS STUDENTS HOW TO UTILIZE MINDTAP MOST EFFECTIVELY. This short video-based exercise is assignable and the perfect primer to maximize each student’s effectiveness in using MindTap starting on the first day of class. This video tutorial supports your students with a quick understanding of the multitude of student-focus resources available to them in this edition. The video efficiently highlights the advantages of MindTap, including the interactive eReader, StudyHub, Adaptive Test Prep and Graph Builder.
- Updated "ASK THE EXPERTS" BOXES HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST OPINIONS FROM THE WORLD’S MOST PROMINENT ECONOMISTS. This updated learning feature highlights the IGM Economics Experts Panel, a longitudinal survey of several dozens of the world’s most prominent economists. Every few weeks these experts review a proposition and respond whether they agree with it, disagree with it, or are uncertain. The insights from this feature demonstrate for your students numerous situations when economists are united, divided, or simply don’t know what to think.
- UPDATED END-OF-CHAPTER MATERIALS PROVIDE INVALUABLE PRINTED PRACTICE PLUS DIGITAL SUPPORT. "Chapter Quick Quizzes," "Questions for Review," and "Problems and Applications" now reflect this edition’s most recent content updates. The "Chapter Quick Quizzes" and "Problems and Applications" are completely digitized in MindTap and are fully gradable. "Problem and Applications" are also available as algorithmic sets in MindTap only.
- EXTENSIVELY UPDATED COVERAGE OF RELEVANT, CURRENT ECONOMIC TOPICS ADDRESSES THE LATEST DEVELOPING ISSUES. Numerous chapters reflect today's latest developments. The most comprehensive updates include coverage of the design of the tax system (Ch. 12), the markets for the factors of production (Ch. 18), income inequality and poverty (Ch. 20), measuring a nation’s income (Ch. 23), measuring the cost of living (Ch. 24), production and growth (Ch. 25), and unemployment (Ch. 28).
- NUMEROUS NEW AND UPDATED "IN THE NEWS," "FYI," AND "CASE STUDY" FEATURES HIGHLIGHT RECENT AND SIGNIFICANT ECONOMIC EVENTS. You and your students stay up to date on the today’s most recent economic changes and developments as these features highlight events that have made headlines. Engaging explanations detail the significant of these developments on economic decisions today.
- MINDTAP PROVIDES THE MOST ADVANCED DIGITAL COURSE SOLUTION IN EDUCATIONAL PUBLISHING TODAY. Powerful student-focused resources within MINDTAP respond to the individualized needs of introductory economics students with a prescribed learning path, graph building tools, engaging multimedia resources and test preparation tools. MINDTAP gives you, the instructor, the flexibility to create the course you want using either publisher-provided material, your own material, or third-party materials.
- UPDATED BEST-SELLING ONLINE HOMEWORK SOLUTION -- APLIA IN MINDTAP -- NOW OFFERS MORE. The 9th Edition question sets are completely redesigned to more closely align to this edition’s Problems and Application questions at the end of each chapter. Updated technology also now offers an optimized mobile experience on the iPad with improved graphing tool precision and better functionality for your and your students' convenience.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Ten Principles of Economics.
2. Thinking Like an Economist.
3. Interdependence and the Gains from Trade.
Part II: HOW MARKETS WORK.
4. The Market Forces of Supply and Demand.
5. Elasticity and Its Application.
6. Supply, Demand, and Government Policies.
Part III: MARKETS AND WELFARE.
7. Consumers, Producers, and the Efficiency of Markets.
8. Applications: The Costs of Taxation.
9. Application: International Trade.
Part IV: THE ECONOMICS OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR.
11. Public Goods and Common Resources.
12. The Design of the Tax System.
Part V: FIRM BEHAVIOR AND THE ORGANIZATION OF INDUSTRY.
13. The Costs of Production.
14. Firms in Competitive Markets.
16. Monopolistic Competition.
Part VI: THE ECONOMICS OF THE LABOR MARKET.
18. The Markets for the Factors of Production.
19. Earnings and Discrimination.
20. Income Inequality and Poverty.
Part VII: TOPICS FOR FURTHER STUDY.
21. The Theory of Consumer Choice.
22. Frontiers in Microeconomics.
Part VIII: THE DATA OF MACROECONOMICS.
23. Measuring a Nation’s Income.
24. Measuring the Cost of Living.
Part IX: THE REAL ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN.
25. Production and Growth.
26. Saving, Investment, and the Financial System.
27. The Basic Tools of Finance.
Part X: MONEY AND PRICES IN THE LONG RUN.
29. The Monetary System.
30. Money Growth and Inflation.
Part XI: THE MACROECONOMICS OF OPEN ECONOMICS.
31. Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Basic Concepts.
32. A Macroeconomic Theory of the Open Economy.
Part XII: SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
33. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
34. The Influence of Monetary and Fiscal Policy on Aggregate Demand.
35. The Short-Run Tradeoff between Inflation and Unemployment.
Part XIII: FINAL THOUGHTS.
36. Six Debates over Macroeconomic Policy.