GUI Bloopers 2.0: Common User Interface Design Don'ts and Dos
立即出貨 (庫存 < 4)
貴賓價: $1,664Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design
貴賓價: $1,530About Face 3: The Essentials of Interaction Design, 3/e (Paperback)
售價: $1,400Java and XML, 3/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,637UML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Standard Object Modeling Language, 3/e
- Updated to reflect the bloopers that are common today, incorporating many comments and suggestions from first edition readers.
- Takes a learn-by-example approach that teaches how to avoid common errors.
- Covers bloopers in a wide range of categories: GUI controls, graphic design and layout, text messages, interaction strategies, Web site design -- including search, link, and navigation, responsiveness issues, and management decision-making.
- Organized and formatted so information needed is quickly foun, the new edition features call-outs for the examples and informative captions to enhance quick knowledge building.
- Hundreds of illustrations: both the DOs and the DON'Ts for each topic covered, with checklists and additional bloopers on www.gui-bloopers.com.
Is your application or Web site ready for prime time?
A major revision of a classic reference, GUI Bloopers 2.0 looks at user interface design bloopers from commercial software, Web sites, Web applications, and information appliances, explaining how intelligent, well-intentioned professionals make these mistakes--and how you can avoid them. While equipping you with the minimum of theory, GUI expert Jeff Johnson presents the reality of interface design in an entertaining, anecdotal, and instructive way.
Table of Contents
First Principles; Management Bloopers; Responsiveness Bloopers; Interaction & Task-Support Bloopers; Navigation Bloopers; GUI Component & Form Bloopers; Textual Bloopers; Graphic and Layout Bloopers; Web Bloopers: Web-specific bloopers--content, search, link. Appendix A: How the book was usability tested. Appendix B: Bloopers Checklist