Internet Future Strategies: How Pervasive Computing Services Will Change the Wor
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-07-23
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 320
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 013041803X
- ISBN-13: 9780130418036
貴賓價: $1,532802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide
貴賓價: $1,396LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell (Paperback)
貴賓價: $2,161Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,670Understanding the Linux Kernel, 2/e (Paperback)
Leverage the next e-business revolution!
Dot.coms may be dead, but the Internet is alive and kicking. What's more, it's transforming itself into a worldwide "pervasive computing" network that will connect everything from mobile phones to TV sets—and offer unprecedented business opportunities. In this book, best-selling e-business consultant Daniel Amor identifies the revolutionary technologies and architectures—and the new business models—that will enable breakthrough success in the next Internet revolution. You'll discover how to:
- Lay the groundwork for competitive advantage in an era of pervasive computing
- Identify next-generation opportunities—from mobile commerce to home automation and beyond
- Build pervasive computing applications that users will pay for
- Leverage tomorrow's core technologies: XML, Jini, Bluetooth, Microsoft .NET, WAP, UMTS, and more
- Future-proof your existing Internet infrastructure and applications
Daniel Amor presents several pervasive computing "vignettes," ranging from alarm systems to party planning—complete with business cases and technical solutions. He concludes with a preview of the social, political, privacy, financial, and technological effects that will accompany the new pervasive computing paradigm.
Internet Future Strategies doesn't just help you anticipate the future of e-Business: it delivers a clear blueprint for profiting from it.
Table of Contents
I. WHERE THE FUTURE BEGINS.
1. The Next Chapter on the Internet.
2. Mobile Commerce.
3. Home Automation Systems.
4. Technologies of the Future.
5. Applications in the Near Future.
II. FUTURE STRATEGIES.
6. Wedding Anniversary.
7. The Thief.
8. Party People.
III. FUTURE IMPACT.
10. The Future of the Internet.
Appendix A: Future Strategies for Customers.
Appendix B: Internet Addresses.
Appendix C: Glossary.