Digital Photography : From Camera to Printer, Print to Computer, Videotape to DVD, and More!
David D. Busch
Get great results with digital photography and video--and have more fun doing it!
It's easy: Digital Imagery will teach you everything you need to know, step-by-step.You'll find easier ways to do what you want... fast answers to your digital imagingquestions... and great new ideas for using your digital photos and video. Want tocopy your old videotapes to DVD? View photos on your TV? Scan and fix your oldsnapshots? Edit your own movies? Print brilliant digital prints? Use digital imagingin your business or career? You can do it all... and this one-stop, easy-to-useguide covers it all!
- Capture better video with your VHS, VHS-C, Hi 8, or digital camcorder
- Transfer your video and photos to CD or DVD with the best possible quality
- Convert your entire tape library to digital formats that won't deteriorate
- Edit your videos with titles, effects, transitions, music, and more
- Take better photos: action shots, close-ups, vacation pictures, even pet photos
- Edit your pictures: easily fix mistakes, create collages, and add special effects
- Share your photos online, in digital slide shows, albums, or even on your TV
- Scan your old snapshots, enlargements, and slides with your scanner
- Make vivid prints for sharing or scrapbooking
- Choose the best computer and software for all your digital imaging projects
- Pick the digital camera, camcorder, scanner, or color printer that's right for you
- Make the most of your HP Pavilion or Compaq Presario PC, HP DVD Movie
- Writer, HP Photosmart camera, HP Scanjet scanner, HP Deskjet printer or HP Digital Media Receiver
Table of Contents:
1. Your Digital Imagery Computer.
What Do You Need? Other Features. Other Computer Considerations.
2. Preparing to Capture Your Videos.
How We Got Here. What You Can Do. The Equipment You Need. Selecting A Video Source.
3. Transferring Video to Your Computer.
Why Transfer Your Tape Library? Selecting Movies and Footage for Transfer. What About Commecial Movies and DVDs? Preparing to Transfer. Capturing Video. Working With Wizards.
4. Editing Your Videos.
Wherefore Art Thou Editing? Basic Editing Terminology. Making Movies. Exporting Video.
5. Choosing a Digital Camera.
What Do You Hope To Do? Pick a Category. Selecting Features.
6. Going Beyond Point-and-Shoot.
Making (Vs Taking) a Photograph. Four Basic Ways to Change An Image. Guidelines for Good Composition. Creating a Composition. Photographic Cornucopia. Close Ups. People. Pet and Child Photography. Sports. Landscape and Travel Photography.
7. Editing Digital Photos.
Easy, Automated Image Transformations. More Advanced Image Manipulations. Graduating to a Fully Featured Image Editor. What Can You Do With Image Editors?
8. Sharing Your Digital Photos.
Sharing Off-Line. Sharing Online. Creating Your Own Web Pages. Viewing Photos On Your TV.
9. Grabbing Images with a Scanner.
What Can You Do With A Scanner? Types of Scanners. How Scanners Work. What to Look For in a Scanner. Choosing A Scanner Category. Hardware Requirements. Setting Up Your Scanner. Getting Great Scans.
10. Printing Your Digital Images.
Why Prints? Sizing Up Your Options. Choosing Printer Features. Printing Your Digital Pictures. Getting the Best Prints.