Windows Vista For Dummies, Special Preview Edition
- 出版商: Hungry Minds
- 出版日期: 2006-07-19
- 售價: $578
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $549
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 182
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470050918
- ISBN-13: 9780470050910
$299Color Management for Photographers: Hands on Techniques for Photoshop Users (Paperback)
The first full upgrade to Microsoft Windows since XP is on its way! Be prepared with this special preview edition of Windows Vista For Dummies, and get a head start on all the cool new features plus a sneak peek at Office 2007.
Windows is the #1 operating system in the world, and Vista is loaded with exciting new features like a task-based interface, new file management and search features, and updated media tools. Based on the Beta 2 release of Vista, this handy guide introduces you to
- The exciting Aero interface with its see-through effect
- Live taskbar thumbnails
- A streamlined Start menu
- New file naming conventions with keywords
- A Search box that makes finding stuff easier
- Integrated multimedia capabilities
- New security enhancements
If you’ve been impatiently waiting for your computing life to get easier, your wait is almost over. With this handy, economically priced book in hand, you can explore Vista and be prepared to
- Use Windows Flip, find visual cues on your taskbar, and make your way around Vista’s folders, drives, and documents
- Share your Windows Vista environment and secure it with updated virus and spyware protection
- Quickly find lost files, folders, windows, programs, music, photos, videos, or computers
- Take advantage of new photo organizing and DVD authoring capabilities
- Print, fax, scan photos or documents, get online, send and receive e-mail, and use instant messaging
- Check out the jazzed-up Office 2007 productivity suite
Written by Andy Rathbone, the bestselling author of all previous editions of Windows For Dummies, this sneak preview guide will make you first on your block to take advantage of Vista’s exciting enhancements and upgrades. Why wait any longer?
Table of Contents
Part I: Windows Vista Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know.
Chapter 1: What Is Windows Vista?
Chapter 2: The Desktop, Sidebar, and Other Windows Vista Goodies.
Chapter 3: Getting Around in Windows and Folders.
Chapter 4: Personalizing Windows Vista.
Part II: Working with Programs and Files.
Chapter 5: Playing with Programs and Documents.
Chapter 6: Briefly Lost, but Quickly Found.
Chapter 7: Getting Stuff Into and Out of Your Computer.
Chapter 8: Getting Online and in Touch.
Chapter 9: Revving Up Office 2007.
Part III: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 10: Ten or So Reasons to Upgrade to Windows Vista.
Chapter 11: Ten New Ways of Doing Old Things in Microsoft Office 2007.
Chapter 12: Ten Ways to Keep Windows from Breaking.