Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life: Making Money in the Metaverse
- 出版商: Sybex
- 出版日期: 2007-10-29
- 售價: $1,094
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,039
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 320
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470179147
- ISBN-13: 9780470179147
The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life will give readers an in-depth look at businesses and other economic opportunities in Second Life, explain the business operations of each, and show readers how to identify, develop, launch, and profit from their own business.
Written by an award-winning author and Second Life expert with deep ties to the business community, The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life begins with an overview of the virtual world and its flourishing economy as well as the challenges it presents to entrepreneurs. A virtual business basics chapter discusses important features of all successful Second Life businesses, including marketing and advertising avenues. The following chapters discuss how to plan, start, and successfully run such businesses as real estate, clothing and accessory creation, construction and landscaping, adult opportunites, music and video production, art creation, and building and running entertainment venues. More esoteric opportunities--machinima, news media and blogging, working for other content creators, currency speculation, and more--are also explored.
The Entrepreneur's Guide to Second Life also features interviews with successful Second Life entrepreneurs, sidebars discussing practical considerations in each field, and useful resources for anyone who wishes to operate a successful, profitable business in Second Life.
Table of Contents
1. The Meta of the Metaverse: Second Life's Economy.
2. Second Life Business Essentials: Launching and Running Your Enterprise.
3. Marketing and Advertising: Getting the Word Out.
4. Real Estate: - Location, Location, Location.
5. Fashion: Walking the Runway in Second Life.
6. Construction: Creating Sims both Big and Small.
7. Sex: The Business of Getting Busy.
8. Creating Objects: Gadgets, Toys, and Art.
9. Miscellaneous Money: Other Profit Opportunities.
10. Junior Achievers: Teen Entrepreneurs.
11. The Future of Business in SL.