Introduction to Statistics Through Resampling Methods and Microsoft Office Excel (Paperback)
Phillip I. Good
貴賓價: $1,813An Introduction to Statistical Learning: With Applications in R (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,881A First Course in Machine Learning, 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $998Doing Math with Python: Use Programming to Explore Algebra, Statistics, Calculus, and More! (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,663Deep Learning with Python
貴賓價: $1,643Bayesian Analysis with Python
售價: $299Python Power!: The Comprehensive Guide
售價: $700Interactive Data Visualization for the Web (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,496Swift Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $998Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 4/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $855The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python: Best Practices for Development (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,995Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,330R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,676Make Your Own Neural Network (Paperback)
Learn statistical methods quickly and easily with the discovery method
With its emphasis on the discovery method, this publication encourages readers to discover solutions on their own rather than simply copy answers or apply a formula by rote. Readers quickly master and learn to apply statistical methods, such as bootstrap, decision trees, t-test, and permutations to better characterize, report, test, and classify their research findings. In addition to traditional methods, specialized methods are covered, allowing readers to select and apply the most effective method for their research, including:
* Tests and estimation procedures for one, two, and multiple samples
* Model building
* Multivariate analysis
* Complex experimental design
Throughout the text, Microsoft Office Excel(r) is used to illustrate new concepts and assist readers in completing exercises. An Excel Primer is included as an Appendix for readers who need to learn or brush up on their Excel skills.
Written in an informal, highly accessible style, this text is an excellent guide to descriptive statistics, estimation, testing hypotheses, and model building. All the pedagogical tools needed to facilitate quick learning are provided:
* More than 100 exercises scattered throughout the text stimulate readers' thinking and actively engage them in applying their newfound skills
* Companion FTP site provides access to all data sets discussed in the text
* An Instructor's Manual is available upon request from the publisher
* Dozens of thought-provoking questions in the final chapter assist readers in applying statistics to solve real-life problems
* Helpful appendices include an index to Excel and Excel add-in functions
This text serves as an excellent introduction to statistics for students in all disciplines. The accessible style and focus on real-life problem solving are perfectly suited to both students and practitioners.
Table of Contents:
1. Variation (or What Statistics Is All About).
4. Testing Hypotheses.
5. Designing an Experiment or Survey.
6. Analyzing Complex Experiments.
7. Developing Models.
8. Reporting Your Findings.
9. Problem Solving.
Appendix: An Microsoft Office Excel Primer.
Index to Excel and Excel Add-In Functions.