UNIX for Dummies, 5/e
John R. Levine, Margaret Levine Young
- 出版商: For Dummies
- 出版日期: 2004-01-30
- 售價: $1,014
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $963
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0764541471
- ISBN-13: 9780764541476
售價: $399CCNP Self-Study : Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), 2/e
貴賓價: $1,989CCNA Self-Study: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) 640-811, 640-801, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,989CCNP Self-Study : Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN), 2/e
售價: $199CCNP Self-Study: Building Cisco Remote Access Networks (BCRAN), 2/e (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,988CCNP Practical Studies: Troubleshooting
- UNIX For Dummies has been the standard for beginning UNIX references for nearly ten years, and this latest edition continues that tradition of success
- This unparalled resource is updated to cover the latest applications of UNIX technology, including Linux and Mac desktops as well as how UNIX works with Microsoft server software
- Thorough coverage of how to handle UNIX installation, file management, software, utilities, networks, Internet access, and other basic tasks
- Aimed at the first-time UNIX desktop user growing accustomed to the ins and outs of the OS, as well as the beginning administrator who needs to get a handle on UNIX networking basics
- Written by John Levine and Margaret Levine Young, longtime UNIX experts and highly experienced For Dummies authors
Table of Contents
Part I: Before the Beginning.
Chapter 1: Log Me In, UNIX!
Chapter 2: What Is UNIX, Anyway?
Chapter 3: A Few Lines on Linux.
Part II: Some Basic Stuff.
Chapter 4: Opening Windows on UNIX.
Chapter 5: Files for Fun and Profit.
Chapter 6: Directories for Fun and Profit.
Chapter 7: The Shell Game.
Chapter 8: Where’s That File?
Chapter 9: Printing (The Gutenberg Thing).
Part III: Getting Things Done.
Chapter 10: Writing Deathless Prose.
Chapter 11: Umpteen Useful UNIX Utilities.
Chapter 12: Installing Software Can Be Tricky.
Chapter 13: Juggling a Bunch of Programs.
Chapter 14: Taming Linux.
Part IV: UNIX and the Net.
Chapter 15: Your Computer Is Not Alone.
Chapter 16: Across a Crowded Network.
Chapter 17: Automating Your Office Gossip.
Chapter 18: Web Surfing for UNIX Users.
Chapter 19: Grabbing Files from the Net.
Chapter 20: Now Serving the Internet.
Part V: Help!
Chapter 21: Disaster Relief.
Chapter 22: The Case of the Missing Files.
Chapter 23: Some Programs Just Won’t Die.
Chapter 24: “My Computer Hates Me”.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 25: Ten Common Mistakes.
Chapter 26: Ten Times More Information Than You Want about UNIX.