Digital VLSI Systems Design: A Design Manual for Implementation of Projects on FPGAs and ASICs using Verilog (Hardcover)
- Details, step-by-step, how to design VLSI systems using Verilog
- Provides hands-on experience on the popular industrial CAD tools
- Shows the way to design systems that are device, vendor and technology independent
- Offers thorough knowledge of cracking complex algorithms and mapping it on FPGA/ASIC
- Prepares students to suit industries and research labs from day one
Digital VLSI Systems Design is written for an advanced level course using Verilog and is meant for undergraduates, graduates and research scholars of Electrical, Electronics, Embedded Systems, Computer Engineering and interdisciplinary departments such as Bio Medical, Mechanical, Information Technology, Physics, etc. It serves as a reference design manual for practicing engineers and researchers as well. Diligent freelance readers and consultants may also start using this book with ease. The book presents new material and theory as well as synthesis of recent work with complete Project Designs using industry standard CAD tools and FPGA boards, enabling the serious readers to design VLSI Systems on their own. The reader is taken step by step through the design right from implementing a single digital gate to a massive design consuming well over 100,000 gates. The Verilog codes developed for these designs are universal and can work on any FPGA or ASIC and are technology independent. The book presents the development of novel algorithms and architectures for optimum realization of high tech. products. All the design codes developed in this book are Register Transfer Level (RTL) compliant and can be readily used or amended to suit new projects.