Beginning Django E-Commerce
Beginning Django E-Commerce guides you through producing an e-commerce site using Django, the most popular Python web development framework. Topics covered include how to make a shopping cart, a checkout, and a payment processor; how to make the most of Ajax; and search engine optimization best practices. Throughout the book, you'll take each topic and apply it to build a single example site, and all the while youâll learn the theory behind what you're architecting.
- Build a fully functional e-commerce site.
- Learn to architect your site properly to survive in an increasingly competitive online landscape with good SEO techniques.
- Become versed in the Django web framework and learn how you can put it to use to drastically reduce the amount of work you need to do to get a site up and running quickly.
What you'll learn
- Understand Django best practices for architecting a web site that will eventually be put into production.
- Leverage Django templates to maintain a consistent look and feel across your site.
- Learn SEO best practices with search engine–friendly URLs, metatags, and an autogenerated Google site map.
- Follow best practices for security so the bad guys don't get control of your site or compromise your data.
- Learn about developing and deploying your Python code on the Google App Engine.
- Construct an enterprise-level shopping cart application that can actually receive payments from Authorize.net and Paypal.
Who is this book for?
This book is for programmers looking to learn how to quickly and effectively leverage the Django web framework to build lightweight, powerful web sites. While the book is aimed at developers interested in creating e-commerce sites, the topics covered apply to any other site you might build with Django. You'll learn how to optimize your site for search engines, secure your pages to thwart hackers, and deploy your site into production–all with Django. Along the way, you'll build a fully functional e-commerce module that will have you up and selling stuff on the web in no time!
About the Apress Beginning Series
The Beginning series from Apress is the right choice to get the information you need to land that crucial entry–level job. These books will teach you a standard and important technology from the ground up because they are explicitly designed to take you from “novice to professional.” You’ll start your journey by seeing what you need to know—but without needless theory and filler. You’ll build your skill set by learning how to put together real–world projects step by step. So whether your goal is your next career challenge or a new learning opportunity, the Beginning series from Apress will take you there—it is your trusted guide through unfamiliar territory!