Always Use Protection: A Teen's Guide to Safe Computing
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2004-04-21
- 售價: $771
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $732
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 288
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 159059326X
- ISBN-13: 9781590593264
貴賓價: $1,984CCNA Self-Study: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) 640-811, 640-801, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,502Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2 Study Guide, 2/e
售價: $2,691Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture Volume 2: Patterns for Concurrent and Networked Objects (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,188PCI Express System Architecture (Paperback)
- Your family and friends know everything you're doing on your computer!
- Someone is impersonating you during an instant messaging session.
- Sudden dropouts and lag occur during online game play.
- Your computer crashes unexpectedly and for no apparent reason.
- Mysterious pop-up windows appear at strange times.
This is a book about computer security and privacy, written especially for the many people who, just like you, are taking advantage of all the Internet has to offer. It goes beyond the "beware the dangers of chat room" warnings you're already aware of and tells you not only how to protect your computer form the latest invasions of viruses, worms, and Trojans, but also how to fight back and actually do something about them.You Know You're Safe When...
- You know how anitvirus tools and firewalls actually work—and how they can fail.
- You play online games without leaving your system open to attack.
- You can surf the Web and shop without leaving any traces to follow.
- You can clean viruses off a system—and even get paid for it!
Part I Protecting Your Machine
Chapter 1 Gremlins In Your Machine
Chapter 2 When Software Attacks: All About Viruses
Chapter 3 From Sneaks To Slammers: How Viruses Get On Your System
Chapter 4 The Built-In Doctor: Antivirus Programs
Chapter 5 Guardians At The Gate: Firewalls
Chapter 6 Locking Up, Part 1: Software Updates
Chapter 7 Locking Up, Part 2: System And Application Configuration
Chapter 8 Backups:The Most Important Thing You’ll Probably Never Do
Chapter 9 What To Do When You’ve Been Hit
Part II Protecting Your Privacy
Chapter 10 When They Think It’s You, But It Isn’t: Identity Theft
Chapter 11 Passwords:Your Key To The Internet
Chapter 12 The Traces You Leave Behind: What Your Machine Says About You
Chapter 13 Every Move You Make,They’ll Be Watching You
Part III Protecting Yourself
Chapter 14 Chat Rooms, Public And Private
Chapter 15 Scams
Part IV Appendixes
Appendix A Everyday Security
Appendix B Registry Tricks
Appendix C A Note For Parents