Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-24
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 54
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782169660
- ISBN-13: 9781782169666
Create your portal with Liferay and learn its concepts on the go!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Get acquainted with Liferay’s interface
- Learn the core concepts and terms of Liferay
- Create and manage content and learn to apply workflow to it
- Learn about collaboration and document management features
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter is a newbie guide to understanding the concepts of Liferay Portal. Learn how to build a site from scratch and some of the key features of Liferay.
Having data and content aggregated from various sources on one page has paved the way for a number of portals. Liferay has grown rapidly and made its presence felt when it comes to open source enterprise portals.
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter will show you how to set up Liferay and create a site. It will give you a basic idea of how to structure your site, the concept of portals, and will showcase Liferay's unique features that make it stand out from the rest of the portals.
You will learn how to manage users, group them into a hierarchy, and govern the access levels. You will also learn how to create sites and manage pages. It will take you through other significant features like content management, document management, and collaboration. With it you can explore some of the latest features, and learn important concepts and terminologies of Liferay 6.1, which will help you reduce your programming efforts.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and get familiar with Liferay's interface
- Learn about user management and creation of your site
- Create a hierarchy with organizations
- Set up roles and permissions
- Understand Liferay’s Marketplace
- Explore the collaboration features along with Dynamic Data Lists and OpenSocial Gadgets
- Get an overview of content management, document management, and workflow
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A simple Starter approach towards understanding significant areas of portals such as content management, document management, and collaboration. It also provides an overview of Liferay concepts and terminologies.
Who this book is written for
Instant Liferay Portal 6 Starter is great for new users who want to know what Liferay is all about. It will quickly give them an overview about Liferay Portal and its features. It is also good for those who want to analyze whether Liferay is fit for their requirements and are interested in what unique features Liferay can offer.