Hudson 3 Essentials
Lloyd H. Meinholz
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-12-13
- 定價: $1,330
- 售價: 8.9 折 $1,190
- 貴賓價: 8.5 折 $1,131
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 124
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783280557
- ISBN-13: 9781783280551
Here is a book that makes life easier for Java developers or administrators by teaching you how to automate application testing using Hudson 3. Fast-paced and hands-on, the guide covers everything from installation to writing plugins.
- A practical guide that will teach you how to deploy Hudson 3 on an open source application server
- Run Hudson 3 in standalone mode for testing and evaluation
- Learn how to build, test, and deploy your applications with Hudson
Continuous integration (CI) with automated test execution has been widely adopted in recent years. The concept behind CI has changed how companies look at Build Management, Release Management, Deployment Automation, and Test Orchestration. Hudson is a CI solution that provides executives, business managers, software developers, and architects with a better sense of the development progress and code quality of projects throughout their development life cycle.
A fast-paced and hands-on introduction to the key features of Hudson 3. You will be introduced to tools that can be used to improve the quality of software development projects. You will also learn how to install and secure Hudson in a variety of IT environments.
Staring with a brief introduction to Hudson and how it helps many IT organizations deliver high quality software, Hudson 3 Essentials will show you how Hudson can be installed and deployed in various environments. You will also be guided through the different methods of securing your Hudson installation.
Moving on from the basics, you will be introduced to several important Hudson plugins and learn how to extend its functionality by developing your own plugins. You will be shown how Hudson can be used to build different types of applications and how it can deploy a web application to an application server. Finally, you will discover how Hudson can be used to perform automated testing on software applications, and how to generate reports that describe the results.
What you will learn from this book
- Run Hudson 3 as a standalone application for testing and evaluation
- Deploy Hudson 3 to an existing application server
- Secure your Hudson 3 installation and configure backups
- Install Hudson 3 plugins to add additional functionality
- Master the basics of writing Hudson 3 plugins
- Create a Hudson 3 job to build a software project using Ant, Maven, or Gradle
- Execute tests and generate reports for your Hudson 3 jobs
A practical guide, packed with illustrations, that will help you become proficient with Hudson and able to utilize it how you want.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Java developer or administrator who would to like automate some of the mundane work required to build and test software and improve software quality, this is the book for you. If you are a development manager or tester, you can also benefit from learning how Hudson works by gaining some insight into test results and historical trends.