SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor: Deployment and Administration
Justin M. Brant
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-12-16
- 售價: $1,370
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,302
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 116
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783551011
- ISBN-13: 9781783551019
An intuitive guide to implementing and calibrating SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor with minimum hassle
- Configure network monitoring services on servers and devices
- Populate SolarWinds SAM with network nodes and tailor it to your environment
- Design a live network map with the Orion Network Atlas
As a network or system administrator, your primary responsibility is to ensure high availability of all managed IT services. There are a number of monitoring tools available; but these can be complicated and expensive, and may only monitor certain areas of your network. SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor : Deployment and Administration is an intuitive, all-encompassing, yet cost effective, enterprise-level network monitoring service.
A concise and practical, hands-on guide that will teach you how utilize SolarWinds SAM. It provides step-by-step tutorials to walk you through every feature, while teaching you how to tailor the product to your own network environment.
This book will guide you through equipping your network devices and servers for SolarWinds SAM utilization. It will provide a sequential, hands-on overview of the product, and is suited for networks of all sizes, ranging from small businesses to larger enterprises.
You will learn how to populate SolarWinds SAM with nodes, then classify and group nodes to tailor the product to your network environment. By doing so, you will benefit from key features such as automated alerts, traps, and reports. Each feature is explained in a practical and useful manner via tutorials and real-world examples to help you start monitoring your network quickly and efficiently, while keeping security implications in mind by applying enterprise-level best practices.
What you will learn from this book
- Enable and configure network monitoring services and protocols on servers, virtual hosts, and network devices
- Walk through the installation and initial configuration of SolarWinds
- Manually add, remove, promote, and demote nodes
- Classify and group nodes
- Define child and parent node dependencies
- Run reports, create custom reports, and schedule automated report forwarding to an email system
- Troubleshoot common issues with the network monitoring service and SolarWinds SAM
A concise and practical guide to using SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor.
Who this book is written for
If you are an IT professionals ranging from an entry-level technician to a more advanced network or system administrator who is new to network monitoring services and/or SolarWinds SAM, this book is ideal for you.