Over 60 hands-on recipes to get you acquainted with Drupal 8's features and help you harness its power
About This Book
- Discover the enhanced content authoring experience that comes with Drupal 8 and how to customize it
- Take advantage of the broadened multilingual and tools of the new version to provide an internationalized website
- This step-by-step guide will show you how to deploy from development, staging, and production of a website with Drupal 8's brand new configuration management system
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those have been working with Drupal, such as site builders, back-end developers, and front-end developers, and who are eager to see what awaits when they start using Drupal 8.
What You Will Learn
- Extend Drupal through contributed or custom modules and themes
- Develop an internationalized website with Drupal's multilingual tools
- Integrate third-party front-end and back-end libraries with Drupal
- Turn Drupal into a web services provider using REST
- Create a mobile-first responsive Drupal application
- Run SimpleTest and PHPUnit to test Drupal
- Understand the plugin system that powers many of Drupal 8's new APIs to extend its functionality
- Get to grips with the mechanics of the configuration management system and the ability to import and export site configuration
Began as a message board, Drupal today is open source software maintained and developed by a community of over 1,000,000 users and developers. Drupal is used by numerous local businesses to global corporations and diverse organizations all across the globe. With Drupal 8's recent release and the exciting features it brings, this book will be your go-to guide to experimenting with all of these features through helpful recipes.
We'll start by showing you how to customize and configure the Drupal environment as per your requirements, as well as how to install third-party libraries and then use them in the Drupal environment. Then we will move on to creating blocks and custom modules with the help of libraries. We will show you to use the latest mobile-first feature of Drupal 8, which will help you make your apps responsive across all the major platforms. This book will also show you how to incorporate multilingual facilities in your sites, use web services and third-party plugins with your applications from inside Drupal 8, and test and deploy your apps.