Implementing DevOps on AWS
$1,368Neo4j in Action (Paperback)
$1,112Soft Skills: The software developer's life manual (Paperback)
$1,368Kotlin in Action (Paperback)
$730Effective DevOps with AWS
$1,463Securing DevOps: Safe services in the Cloud
- Work through practical examples and gain DevOps best practices to successfully deploy applications on AWS
- Successfully provision and operate distributed application systems and your AWS infrastructure using DevOps
- Perform Continuous Integration and deployment and fine-tune the way you deliver on AWS
Knowing how to adopt DevOps in your organization is becoming an increasingly important skill for developers, whether you work for a start-up, an SMB, or an enterprise.
This book will help you to drastically reduce the amount of time spent on development and increase the reliability of your software deployments on AWS using popular DevOps methods of automation.
To start, you will get familiar with the concept of IaC and will learn to design, deploy, and maintain AWS infrastructure. Further on, you’ll see how to design and deploy a Continuous Integration platform on AWS using either open source or AWS provided tools/services.
Following on from the delivery part of the process, you will learn how to deploy a newly created, tested, and verified artefact to the AWS infrastructure without manual intervention. You will then find out what to consider in order to make the implementation of Configuration Management easier and more effective.
Toward the end, you will get to know the tricks and tips to optimize and secure your AWS environment. By the end of the book, you will have mastered the art of applying AWS to DevOps in your organization
What you will learn
- See the difference between Object Oriented Programming and Protocol Oriented Programming
- See the difference between reference and value types and when to use each
- Find out how we can leverage the tuple to reduce the complexity of our code
- Discover what protocols are and how to use them
- See how to implement protocol extensions to create a very flexible code base
- Learn how to implement several design patterns in a Protocol-Oriented approach
- Learn how to solve real-world design issues with protocol-oriented programming
About the Author
Veselin Kantsev is a DevOps professional and a Linux enthusiast who lives in London, UK.
His introduction to Linux was as a System Administrator back in 2006. His focus for the past few years has been mostly on cloud technologies and the transition of the community from an Ops to a DevOps culture.
He has worked with companies in various sectors such as Design, Media, and Finance, specializing in the migration of infrastructure onto AWS and the promotion of DevOps principles and practices
Table of Contents
- What is DevOps and Should You Care?
- Start Treating Your Infrastructure as Code
- Bringing Your Infrastructure Under Configuration Management
- Build, Test, and Release Faster with Continuous Integration
- Ever-Ready to Deploy Using Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment - A Fully Automated Workflow
- Metrics, Log Collection, and Monitoring
- Optimize for Scale and Cost
- Secure Your AWS Environment
- AWS Tips and Tricks