Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming, 2/e (Paperback)
Lentin Joseph, Jonathan Cacace
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2018-02-23
- 售價: $1,620
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,539
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 580
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1788478959
- ISBN-13: 9781788478953
精通 ROS 機器人編程, 2/e (Mastering ROS for Robotics Programming, 2/e) (簡中版)
- Develop complex robotic applications using ROS for interfacing robot manipulators and mobile robots with the help of high end robotic sensors
- Gain insights into autonomous navigation in mobile robot and motion planning in robot manipulators
- Discover the best practices and troubleshooting solutions everyone needs when working on ROS
Todays era is gaining a lot of traction towards robotics in various industries where consistency and perfection is mattered the most. Automation is playing a major role today, and most of it is acheived with robotic applications and various platforms that supoprt robotics. The Robot Operating System (ROS) is a modular software platform to develop generic robotic applications.This book will be focusing on the most stable release of ROS (Kinetic Kame) and will discuss the advanced concepts in robotics and how to program using ROS.
This book begins with deep overview of the ROS framework, which will give you a clear idea of how ROS really works. During the course of the book, you will learn how to build models of complex robots, and simulate and interface the robot using the ROS MoveIt motion planning library and ROS navigation stacks. This book will also teach you to leverage several ROS packages to embrace your robot models. After discussing robot manipulation and navigation in robots, you will get to grips with the interfacing I/O boards, sensors, and actuators of ROS. One of the essential ingredients of robots are vision sensors, and an entire chapter is dedicated to the vision sensor, its interfacing in ROS, and its programming. You will understand the hardware interfacing and simulation of complex robot to ROS and ROS Industrial (Package used for interfacing industrial robots).
By the end of this book, you will get to know the best practices to follow when programming using ROS.
What you will learn
- Create a robot model of a Seven-DOF robotic arm and a differential wheeled mobile robot
- Work with motion planning of a Seven-DOF arm using MoveIt!
- Implement autonomous navigation in differential drive robots using SLAM and AMCL packages in ROS
- Dig deep into the ROS Pluginlib, ROS nodelets, and Gazebo plugins
- Interface I/O boards such as Arduino, Robot sensors, and High end actuators with ROS
- Simulation and motion planning of ABB and Universal arm using ROS Industrial
- Explore the ROS framework using its latest version