Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid: Exam MS-301 Guide: Expert tips, techniques, and best practices to pass the MS-301 exam on the first attempt
Discover expert guidance to achieve the Microsoft 365 Certified Teamwork Administrator Associate certification and become proficient in working with SharePoint Server hybrid configuration
- Discover how to deploy, configure, and administer the SharePoint ecosystem
- Learn how to map traditional Microsoft services to a cloud-services model
- Understand the security and governance requirements and configurations of your organization
The Microsoft MS-301 exam validates the knowledge and skills you need for deploying, configuring, and managing SharePoint Server and SharePoint Hybrid, as well as migrating to SharePoint Online.
This SharePoint book offers complete, up-to-date coverage of the MS-301 exam syllabus, helping you take the exam with confidence, fully equipped to pass the first time. With the help of clear and succinct explanations, self-assessment questions, tips, and mock exams with detailed answers, this book covers the configuration of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Hybrid and the process of migrating to SharePoint Online. This study guide is divided into three modules. The first two modules focus on strategies and techniques to configure and manage SharePoint on-premises and hybrid scenarios, where you'll get to grips with essential concepts relating to SharePoint deployments, such as authentication, Business Connectivity Services (BCS), and the data gateway. The third module will take you through migration methods and strategies. Each chapter includes practice questions to test your knowledge of the concepts covered.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned everything you need to pass the MS-301 certification exam, and you'll be able to use this reference guide for your administration tasks.
What you will learn
- Understand the collaborative features of SharePoint Server technologies
- Deploy and configure SharePoint Server 2019
- Configure and manage site collections and hub site settings and security
- Use migration tools in SharePoint to manage data migration
- Explore BCS for working with external data sources
- Get to grips with different types of authentication available in SharePoint Online
Who this book is for
The book is for intermediate administrators who want to pass the MS-301 exam and achieve the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate certification. Anyone looking to learn about deploying, configuring, and administering SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams will find this book useful. The book assumes a working knowledge of popular Microsoft services and a basic understanding of working with the SharePoint ecosystem.
Aaron Guilmette, a Teams technical specialist at Microsoft, provides guidance and assistance to customers adopting the Microsoft 365 platform. He primarily focuses on collaborative technologies, including Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Teams. He also works with identity and scripting solutions.
He has been involved with technology since 1998 and has provided consulting services for customers in the commercial, educational, and government sectors internationally. Aaron has also worked with technical certification exams and instructional design for Microsoft and other organizations.
Table of Contents
- Overview of SharePoint Server 2019
- Planning a SharePoint Farm
- Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
- Implement Authentication
- Manage Site Collections
- Plan and Configure Business Connectivity Services
- Planning and Configuring Managed Metadata
- Manage Search
- Overview of SharePoint Hybrid
- Plan a Hybrid Configuration and Topology
- Implement Hybrid Teamwork Artifacts
- Implement a Hybrid Search Service Application
- Implement a Data Gateway
- Overview of the Migration Process
- Migrate Data and Content
- Assessment Answers