Spring Security 3
- Make your web applications impenetrable.
- Implement authentication and authorization of users.
- Integrate Spring Security 3 with common external security providers.
- Packed full with concrete, simple, and concise examples.
Security is of critical importance to all web applications. Vulnerable applications are easy prey for hackers. This book is the perfect tool for Java developers looking to repel attacks against their web applications using the proven Spring Security library to achieve this.
A comprehensive guide to Spring Security 3. You will learn through real world business scenarios how to guard against the latest threats. You will also learn to combine Spring Security 3 with external security providers such as LDAP, OpenID, CAS, Kerberos, and Active Directory.
The book starts by giving an overview of security concepts and techniques, as well as setup and configuration. The book then gets you working with a JSP based web application that implements a simple e-commerce website. At this point you will progressively enhance the application giving you hands on experience implementing features of Spring Security 3 in real world business scenarios.
The second half of the book is devoted to common integration scenarios that you will come accross every day. At this stage you will be in a position to solve specific, complex integration problems. The book will end by showing migration from Spring Security 2 to 3.
This practical guide will show you how to implement Spring Security 3 and protect your applications from being breached using a combination of real world, straightforward examples.
What you will learn from this book
- Recognize design flaws that will make your applications unsafe.
- Implement basic authorization and credential storage.
- Move seamlessly from Spring Security 2 to Spring Security 3.
- Provide Enterprise adaptability with LDAP, Active Directory, and Kerberos.
- Push the Boundaries of Spring Security 3 through Extension and Customization.
- Integrate in-house applications and popular Java frameworks with Spring Security 3.
- Plan the configuration of Spring Security 3 to accommodate the authentication and authorization requirements of your application.
The book starts by teaching the basic fundamentals of Spring Security 3 such as setup and configuration. Later it looks at more advanced topics showing the reader how to solve complex real world security issues.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Java developers who build web projects and applications. The book assumes basic familiarity with Java, XML and the Spring Framework. Newcomers to Spring Security will still be able to utilize all aspects of this book.