Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-24
- 售價: $1,550
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,473
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 314
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849687722
- ISBN-13: 9781849687720
There no better way of getting to grips with the Dynamics AX framework than learning by example. This cookbook is packed with recipes for creating and managing reports along with full explanations for complete understanding.
- Practical recipes for creating and managing reports
- Illustrated step-by-step examples that can be adopted in real time
- Complete explanations of the report model and program model for reports
- Examples of all types of report formats including chart, matrix, tabular in precision, and auto design
- Ready-to-use fixes and tips for real-time reporting challenges
Dynamics AX 2012 is a modern ERP solution from Microsoft that is targeted at the mid-and-high-level organizations. It is seeing an increased rate of adoption due to its tighter integration with the Microsoft technology stack and the flexibility it offers.
"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook" focuses mainly on the reporting aspects of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Reports play a very central role in an ERP system being accessible to customers, vendors, top management and the shop floor. Every ERP implementation includes reporting changes as companies try to refit the reports to their standards and processes. As a Dynamics AX developer, reporting skills are a must-have and this book intends to make report development easier and simpler.
"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook" deals with the SSRS-based reporting framework introduced with Dynamics AX 2012. It explains the reporting model in detail and offers instruction-led examples to help you understand the nuances involved in developing a report.
Throughout this book, you will learn how to build your own reports based on Queries, RDP, and different designs like Auto/Precision designs. You will also gain an understanding of the programmatic flow, which will help you develop reports with confidence. You will find different approaches to debug issues in your reports. The examples offered in this book can be readily used in your real-world scenarios. This book also offers strategies for new reports as well as for migrating your reports from the old reporting framework and development. Report designs like table, matrix, and charts have been discussed with examples. There are also tips, tools and references spread across the book that can hasten your report development process.
Overall, this book will guarantee you a deeper understanding of report development in Dynamics AX.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and deploy reports
- Understand the report programming flow
- Modify the reporting framework
- Create RDP-based reports
- Design tabular matrix and chart-based reports
- Debug reports, the reporting framework, and business logic
- Migrate reports from the legacy reporting framework
- Use web services, OLAP, and external data sources to create your report
- Learn how to approach report modifications