Dr. Farid Golnaraghi has been a professor and the Director of Mechatronic Systems Engineering at the Simon Fraser University in Vancouver since 2006. He also holds a Burnaby Mountain Endowed Chair at SFU, and his primary research focuses on intelligent vehicle systems. Prior to joining SFU, Dr. Golnaraghi was a professor of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo. His pioneering research has resulted in two textbooks, more than 150 journal and conference papers, four patents, and two start-up companies.
Dr. Benjamin C. Kuo was a member of the faculty of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, which he joined in 1958 upon the completion of his Ph.D. and where he remained for 31 rewarding years. He was a true visionary pioneer in the field of automatic control, and the impact of his distinguished career as a researcher and educator cannot be overstated.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Control Systems
2. Modeling of Dynamic Systems
3. Solution of Differential Equations of Dynamic Systems
4. Block Diagrams and Signal-Flow Graphs
5. Stability of Linear Control Systems
6. Important Components of Feedback Control Systems
7. Time-Domain Performance of Control Systems
8. State-Space Analysis and Controller Design
9. Root-Locus Analysis
10. Frequency-Domain Analysis
11. Design of Control Systems