Radical Project Management
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-04-25
- 定價: USD $44.99
- 售價: $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 384
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130094862
- ISBN-13: 9780130094865
貴賓價: $2,563Organizational Patterns of Agile Software Development (Paperback)
售價: $199Shooting Digital : Pro Tips for Taking Great Pictures with Your Digital Camera (Paperback)
售價: $1,125The Project Management Scorecard: Measuring the Success of Project Management Solutions (Hardcover)
售價: $700Effective Requirements Practices
售價: $399Making the Software Business Case: Improvement by the Numbers
貴賓價: $1,702Innovation Games: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play (Paperback)
售價: $299Project Management: Best Practices for IT Professionals
售價: $299The Software Development Edge: Essays on Managing Successful Projects
售價: $790Software Project Management in Practice
售價: $299The Project Management Advisor : 18 Major Project Screw-ups, and How to Cut Them off at the Pass (Paperback)
Project management for today's complex, chaotic business environments.
- XPM: the first radically new approach to project management in decades!
- Designed from the ground up for today's high-speed, fast-changing projects
- Refocusing project management focused on people, relationships, and adding value!
- Innovative new XPM tools: how to make them work in your organization
Traditional project management doesn't work any more: it's inward-looking, static, and just can't respond to rapid, constant change. Radical Project Management looks outward to stakeholders, management, and clients—and thoroughly involves them from start to finish. Moreover, it assumes that everything will change—and defines a flexible, ongoing project management process that encompasses both project development and support. In this book, Rob Thomsett, one of the world's leading project management consultants, presents XPM from start to finish—and introduces every tool and technique you need to make it work in your organization.
- Refocusing project management on what matters most: people, relationships, and adding value
- 11 radically new rules for project managers to live by
- Innovative new XPM tools, and how to use them
- "Open Planning" and stakeholder ownership: the heart of successful project management
- New XPM metrics and project-tracking techniques
- Why project managers don't need to know the gory technical details
- Detailed case studies: how XPM is enabling creative people to do truly great work
If you've always suspected there's a more agile, flexible, intelligent way to manage projects, you're right—and XPM is it. Discover for yourself, with the most authoritative, complete, useful XPM guide ever written: Radical Project Management by Rob Thomsett.
Table of Contents
1. The New Project Environment.
2. Project Management Evolution.
3. eXtreme Concepts.
4. eXtreme Project Management Context.
5. The eXtreme Project Management Model.
6. The RAP Process.
7. Analyze Project Success.
8. Define Scope, Objectives, and Stakeholders.
9. Analyze Added Value.
10. Define Quality.
11. Select a Development Strategy.
12. Analyze Risk.
13. Develop Task Lists.
14. Estimate Tasks.
15. Develop Schedule.
16. Develop Return on Investment.
17. Project Tracking and Reporting.
18. Postimplementation Reviews.
20. Getting the Sponsor You Deserve.
21. Getting the Stakeholders You Deserve.
22. A Question of Ethics.
23. The Success Sliders Redux.
24. In Case of Emergencies.
25. The Secret of Great Project Managers.