Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2010 (Paperback)
Mickey Gousset, Brian Keller, Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Martin Woodward
$299Effective Visual Studio .Net
Microsoft has packed a lot of brand new testing and modeling tools into Visual Studio 2010, tools that previously were available only to Microsoft internal development teams. Developers will appreciate the focus on practical implementation techniques and best practices.
A team of Microsoft insiders provides a nuts-and-bolts approach. This Wrox guide is designed as both a step-by-step guide and a reference for modeling, designing, and coordinating software development solutions at every level using Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010.
Visual Studio 2010 offers a complete lifecycle management system that covers modeling, testing, code analysis, collaboration, build and deployment tools.
- An Introduction to Software Architecture
- Top-down Design with Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams
- Top-down Design with Component and Class Diagrams
- Analyzing Applications Using Architecture Explorer
- Using Layer Diagrams
- An Introduction to Software Development
- Unit Testing with the Unit Test Framework
- Managed Code Analysis and Code Metrics
- Profiling and Performance
- Database Development, Testing, and Deployment
- An Introduction to IntelliTrace
- An Introduction to Software Testing
- Web Performance and Load Testing
- Manual Testing
- Coded User Interface Testing
- Lab Management
- Introduction to Team Foundation Server
- Team Foundation Architecture
- Team Foundation Version Control
- Branching and Merging
- Team Foundation Build
- An Introduction to Project Management
- Process Templates
- Using Reports, Portals, and Dashboards
- Agile Planning Using Planning Workbooks
- Process Template Customizations
Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2010 shows developers, testers, architects and project managers alike how to leverage the power of Visual Studio 2010 to streamline software design and development.